Robotics camp by Vision Tech Camps
Robotics Summer Camps at Vision Tech
Vision Tech Camps began as a single robotics class in 2000 – and since then, we have been providing high-quality robotics summer camps that are unmatched by any other programs. All of our robotics workshops involve open-ended challenges where students are encouraged to learn to code and experiment with varying algorithms to complete their robotics challenges.
Vision Tech Camps Robotics classes combine LEGO Robotics, Arduino, VEX Robotics with programming to get kids familiar with STEM concepts in a fun and hands-on environment. In our robotics camp, students participate in project-based activities which go far beyond simply building a robot from instructions. Our curriculum is led by highly trained engineers who mentor students to explore the unique and upcoming potential of robotics. Vision Tech Robotics Camps are offered at our locations in Danville, Saratoga, Berkeley, and Moraga.
About Robotics Summer Camp
Vision Tech’s robotics camps are all hands-on and project based, geared towards novice to advanced levels. Our camps provide opportunities for all levels of students to improve their engineering and computer science skills while exploring a series of robotics challenges.
From the first hour of camp, students will dive into the principles of robot design, including mechanical engineering concepts, vehicular design, and programming paradigms. In our daily robotics challenges, we emphasize teamwork and collaboration and learning as a whole. At all our robotics competitions, students will work collaboratively in a fun, friendly, and competitive atmosphere.
In most robotics camps, students will have access to their own robotics kit and computer for the duration of camp. However, on some challenges, kids might be asked to pair with other students.
What is taught at Robotics Engineering Camp?
- Our robotics curriculum is problem-based and follows open-ended approach to learning. Project Based Learning is a learning method in which campers gain knowledge and skills by working for an allocated time to investigate and respond to complex questions or challenges. Our goal oriented robotics summer program for kids & teen encourages students to think multiple ways to solve problems. Robotics is an excellent tool to teach engineering, math, and science because students can see a visible, tangible application of their work.
- In our robotics camps, students start out learning about robot designs, including chassis design, gearing ratios, and lever arms. As they proceed through the week, they will learn programming using sensor feedback and participate in fun challenges which test their knowledge and understanding of the concepts. They will also learn to use a virtual world to simulate their robot and test their programs in a more controlled environment. As they continue to practice in the virtual world, they will learn to maximize the effectiveness of their programming before testing it on a physical robot.
What is robotics?
Robotics is the study of programmable devices that can perform tasks and interact with their environment, usually without requiring human assistance.
What type of Robotics courses does Vision Tech offer?
Vision Tech offers several robotics courses, including Robotics & Visual Programming, a LEGO Robotics camp, Computer Science & Robotics with Arduino, a more advanced robotics camp, and Adventures in LEGO Robotics for younger campers.
Why should my child learn robotics?
Robotics as a course offers many skills for students to learn, including programming, engineering, design, and critical thinking skills. By using robotics, students can visualize the effects of programming changes in the physical world. In addition, robotics allows students to gain a practical understanding of engineering concepts such as torque and gearing by using these concepts to develop their robots.
Do I need to purchase robotics equipment before camp?
No. VisionTech will provide all robotics equipment necessary for use during the camp per individual child. VisionTech does not have students share robotics equipment, as we believe this allows students to progress on their learning goals individually without waiting for other students to catch up, or feeling rushed into skipping material they have not completely mastered.
Does my child get to take home their robot?
This depends on the individual robotics camp. In our lego robotics camps, kids, unfortunately, will not be able to take their robot home, as our robotics kits are for classroom use. For our Arduino camps, students will take home their Arduino Kit and robot that they build.
Does my child need to have prior experience in robotics?
No. Since all campers will have access to their own robotics kit, kids will work at their own pace so beginners can get a good foundation while advanced campers can hone their skills with more advanced challenges.
Robotics Camp Locations?
- Our Danville Robotics Camps are located in the Town & Country shopping center in easy driving distance from Alamo, Blackhawk, San Ramon, Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, & Walnut Creek. Danville features all of our available robotics camps, including LEGO EV3 Robotics Engineering, Arduino Robotics, VEX Robotics, & more
- Our Saratoga Robotics Camp is located within easy driving distance of Los Gatos, Cupertino, Monte Sereno, San Jose, Campbell, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, and Los Altos. Our Saratoga location offers Arduino robotics camps
- Our Moraga Robotics Camp is located within St. Mary’s College of CA, and offers EV3 and Arduino Robotics. Moraga is easy to drive to from within Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda, and Walnut Creek.
- Our Berkeley Robotics Camp features all of our robotics camps including EV3, WeDo, Arduino, & VEX, and is easily commutable from within Berkeley, El Cerrito, San Francisco, Oakland, Alameda, Mill Valley, Piedmont, & Sausalito
- Piedmont Summer Camp
Register today with Vision Tech Camps. We offer a week long accelerated summer robotics classes where students learn the fundamentals of programming and robotics engineering. Vision Tech Camps offers the best robotic classes in the San Francisco Bay Area!